Skip to content
- Do all of this on a Mac with 1920 x 1080 (HD) resolution
- Install SoundFlower for Mac
This is necessary because QuickTime doesn’t let you record system audio
- Play an audio file (e.g. mp3)
- Play a video (e.g. from YouTube)
If you want the video to be full screen, make it so from the application, e.g. YouTube. To remove the window chrome, click Command + Shift + F to maximize.
- Open QuickTime Player (included with Mac) and choose “New Screen Recording”
- Next to the record button, click the drop-down and choose Sound Flower 2ch
- Record the video and / or audio
- In QuickTime Player, trim both ends of the video to your liking
- In QuickTime Player, insert other video clips wherever you want on the timeline
- The recorded video will be a huge mov file (large file size). Upload it to YouTube and then download the MP4 from YouTube to compress it.