Skip to content
- 6 chicken legs
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs canola oil or olive oil
- Mix all spices in a single spice dispenser
- Using a clean rag, grab part of the chicken skin with the rag and pull the skin off
- In a bowl, rub olive oil over each chicken leg and sprinkle on the seasoning. Mix with hands to ensure complete coverage.
- Let chicken marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The longer the better. Overnight is best!
- Set air fryer to a target thermometer temperature of 160 F.
- Insert thermometer such that tip is at center of thickest part of one chicken leg
- When air fryer has preheated, put all legs in the air fryer
- When half way done, turn legs over
- When target temperature reached, remove legs and let stand for 5 minutes