So, the other day I went to Quizno’s and had this Chipotle Steak and Cheddar sandwich. It was mighty delicious so I had to try to recreate it.
Here’s how it came out.
It was actually really good so here’s the recipe. Note: I substituted steak with pastrami. You can also use roast beef.
- Pastrami (from Costco) – may substitute with roast beef
- sliced green bell pepper
- sliced onion
- cheddar cheese
- Chipotle mayonnaise (substitute with hummus for healthier alternative)
- Francisco Gourmet Sesame Seed Rolls
- Slice the bell pepper and onions into slivers.
- Heat up some pastrami in a microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes. If the bell pepper and onion are cold from being in the fridge, heat them up along with the pastrami.
- Spread some Chipotle mayo on both sides of the bread
- Spread pepper and onion evenly on bread, add pastrami, add cheddar cheese and toast in over until cheese has melted
Remove from oven and enjoy!