- Kill weeds using Compare-N-Save Concentrate Grass and Weed Killer, 41-Percent Glyphosate, 1-Gallon
- Cut weeds using a brush cutter (rent from Home Depot)
- Trim weeds using a string trimmer (rent from Home Depot)
- Clean yard using power brush (rent from Clark’s rockery – $35 / day)
- Clean cement using rotary surface cleaner (rent from Home Depot – $22 / four hours)
- Use 4×4 posts as divider with neighbor
- Use 3 stakes per 4′ of divider (2 on ends on neighbor side, one in middle on my side)
- Dig up using drill dirt along the perimeter
- Lay 2″x3″ wood leaving 3″ above wood to driveway surface
- Use edging to create areas for sand, rubber mulch, and river rocks
- Wall and Floor Tile: $5.02 / sq ft
- Frameless Shower Door: $1311
- Hire a licensed contractor to check if removing portion of wall will affect support of the 2nd floor loft.
(using right kind of blade)
In case you didn’t know this, if you need to dispose of large amounts of stuff in or near Hayward, California, you can do so at the following places:
Household Items (Furniture, etc)
Customers of Waste Management (WM) get 2 free bulk curbside pickups a year. Contact WM to schedule a pickup.
Dirt, Gravel, Bricks, Rocks
4001 W. Winton Ave.
Hayward, CA 94545
Recently I needed to clean my glass coffee table so, as most people would do, I sprayed on some glass cleaner solution and used a paper towel and began wiping the table. For some reason, I noticed a LOT of streaks on the glass and there was some kind of white rough residue all over the table. I thought it was because I used a cheap glass cleaner solution but wasn’t sure. After doing a bit of research, I was surprised to find that simple vinegar and water does a better job at cleaning glass. There’s a little more to it though so here are instructions:Continue reading Clean Glass, Mirrors, Plastic, Faucets and Many Other Surfaces with Vinegar
If you’re looking to do some home improvement and make your home look new again, here are things to do and items to buy based on my experience.
- Ultra Pure White (semigloss or glossy)
- Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Walls: Cream in My Coffee (semigloss)
- Ceiling: Swiss Coffee (semigloss)
- Ultra Pure White (semigloss)
- Everywhere Else
- Walls: Cream in My Coffee (flat)
- Ceiling: Swiss Coffee (flat)
- Home Depot has both of these colors premade on shelves so you don’t have to wait for them to make them.
Door Knobs / Handles
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze Hinges
- $23 for a pack of 12 (Dynasty Brand) on Amazon
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze Door Handles
- Door Stops
- Gatehouse 1-3/4-in x 3-in Universal Kick-Down Stop – $5.98 at Lowes
Recently, I hired some people to install recessed lights in my home. Unfortunately, with so many types of light bulbs available, it was quite confusing trying to find which lights I should get. The small GU10 lights bulbs were great as spot lights for the bathroom and kitchen / dining areas. Following is a comparison of the 3 main types of light bulbs available and their characteristics:Continue reading Light Bulb Comparison