Posted on Oct 13, 2017
Posted on Aug 21, 2017
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to create a video of your photos with custom audio, Slide.ly can do this. Here’s the rundown:
- Up to 90 custom images / photos
- 1 audio / song (to use multiple audio files / songs, edit and combine them first, e.g. using Audacity)
- Add custom captions for each photo
- Different themes
- Player is HTML-based, not Flash-based.
- Can make private
- Can’t download video because the end result isn’t a video.
- To make a video of your Slide.ly, record the screen. See instructions. Then upload to YouTube or Vimeo.
If you need something more powerful but still simple, try Wondershare Slideshow Builder.
Posted on Jul 28, 2017
Average rate of return:
ROI based on own money or borrowed money:
- If you invest $100,000 in stocks, with a 10% ROI, you’ll get $10,000 in year 2.
- If you invest $100,000 in real estate (20% of a $500,000 house), with a 10% ROI, you get $50,000. Your ROI is based on a lot of money you’ve borrowed from the bank, not just the initial deposit.
Posted on Jul 25, 2017
Just 3 lines of CSS!
See the Pen KvwxXR by Abdullah Yahya (@javanigus) on CodePen.
Posted on Jul 7, 2017
Here’s an interesting demo of an ability to have a website speak text to you in different languages. It’s not bad!
Posted on Jun 23, 2017
If you have a logo, for example, that is a transparent PNG or SVG, you can change its color using CSS in the following ways:
Grayscale: filter: grayscale(100%);
Solid Gray: filter: contrast(0);
Solid Black: filter: contrast(0) brightness(0);
Solid White: filter: contrast(0) brightness(2);
You can adjust the contrast value between 0 and 1 to achieve different levels of darkness.
Posted on Mar 16, 2017
WPO stands for Web Performance Optimization. It’s similar to SEO and it’s a real field of interest. The Velocity conference just deals with WPO.
Service optimization makes up 16%. If you optimize the server by 50%, you see a 10% improvement.
Front end optimization makes up 84%. If you optimize the front end by 50%, you see a 45% improvement.
Posted on Mar 16, 2017
When you edit CSS in the Elements tab, you can have those edits write to the source CSS file, and vice-verse from the source file to Chrome. This only works for CSS. To do this, drag your CSS file or entire project folder into the Sources tab. If Chrome can’t auto-map, you can manually map the CSS file.
Posted on Mar 3, 2017
Light bulb wattage doesn’t always result in the same brightness. If you buy light bulbs, find EnergyStar ones were the lumens are within the following ranges
Learn more at https://www.energystar.gov/products/lighting_fans/light_bulbs/key_product_criteria
|Rated Wattage of the Referenced Incandescent Lamp (watts)
||Light Output (Lumens)