So, I’m currently trying this Keto diet which calls for low carbs. Since french fries are not low carb, I needed a substitute. Tofu seems to fit the bill thought it’s a lot more expensive that potatoes. Anyway, the one I’m eating is from Costco. It’s rated “Firm” with a rating of 4 out of 6 on the firmness scale. One pack contains 5 servings and each serving contains 70 calories and only 1g of net carbs (fiber doesn’t count). So, one pack contains 350 calories.
Here’s a recipe to make air fried tofu cubes.
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes and sprinkle on some salt
- In Ninja Foodi, hit air fryer button and set time to 20 minutes
- After preheating, spray canola oil on air fryer basket and put tofu in
- Halfway through cooking, flip or stir tofu, spray canola oil on tofu and sprinkle on more salt
- When done, remove and eat