Beef Stew in a Pressure Cooker Recipe
Posted on Dec 11, 2020
So, I tried making this traditional beef stew in a Crock-Pot pressure cooker and it came out so good that I had to post the recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.75 lbs stewing beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp minced garlic (prepackaged wet or dry)
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme (dried is easier if available)
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 cups diced carrots (frozen is easier if available)
- 1 cup diced onions (frozen is easier if available)
- 1.5 cups quartered baby red potatoes (prewashed is easier if available)
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled (if not available, substitute with regular onion)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (dried is easier if available)
- Press BROWN/SEAR, set temperature to HIGH, and then press START/STOP. Allow multi-cooker to preheat.
- Add oil to cooking pot.
- Toss beef with salt and pepper and add to cooking pot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until well browned.
- Stir for 1 minute
- chopped onions
- pearl onions
- bay leaves
- Stir and bring to boil
- Press Start / Stop to stop all functions
- Secure the lid
- Press MEAT / STEW
- Set pressure to HIGH
- Set timer for 35 minutes
- Close Steam Release valve
- Press START / STOP to star the pressure cooking
- When cooking is done, add
10. Remove bay leaves and enjoy!