If you need to only create 2d house floor plans, I personally have found Lucidchart to be easy to learn and intuitive to use.
If you need to create 3d house floor plans, I have found Live Home 3D to offer the best features for the price. At $10 (on sale), you can easily create 2d and 3d home plans. You download and install the program which allows for faster 3d rendering. My typical workflow to design a home is as follows:
1. Create a room by clicking the Room button
2. Draw a room (2d) by dragging the shape of a rectangle
3. Pick a door style
4. Place the door on a wall of the room by dragging it to one of the walls
5. Pick a window style
6. Place the window on a wall of the room by dragging it to one of the walls
6. Pick some furniture, e.g. a sofa, by either searching by keyword or browsing by category
7. Place the furniture in the room by dragging it into the room
8. Add a User Camera so that you can move it around to preview your work in progress
9. Place the camera facing the space you want to preview or pick one of the predefined cameras
10. Click the 3D button in the top right corner
11. Zoom in and out by pinching / unpinching on your trackpad
12. Move around, e.g. walk into the room, by clicking the Walk button and clicking in the direction you want to walk in
13. Look around from where you are standing by clicking the Look Around button. With your left thumb, left click and hold while dragging your right index finger around on your track pad.
14. Fly around the area by clicking the Fly Around button. With your left thumb, left click and hold while dragging your right index finger around on your track pad.
15. Click the 2D button to return to 2D mode
16. Click the hand button to drag the viewport, e.g. to center parts of your design. With your left thumb, left click and hold while dragging your right index finger around on your track pad.
or, click the zoom button and choose Fit Plan. Then, click the magnifying glass icon to select an area of the plan you want to zoom in to.
17. Click the arrow button to select the User Camera and move it somewhere else, e.g. facing the exterior window, or pick one of the predefined cameras.
18. Repeat steps 10 – 16 to view the room in 3D from different angles
19. Repeats steps 1 – 18 to add more elements, furniture, and rooms to your design
20. Click on an element and use the inspector to change the element’s attributes, e.g. elevation, dimensions, etc.
21. Click on the swatch button to pick a material, e.g. paint, then click on an element, e.g. wall, door or furniture, to change the element’s material.
22. Click on the Building Properties button and then the button to add a story to the design, e.g. to create a 2nd story
23. When almost done, click the Autoroof button to automatically add one of many styles of roofs to your house design.
The complete Live Home 3D user manual can be found online at https://www.livehome3d.com/support/lh3d-win-help/en/index_detailed.html.
Below is a house floor plan (not to precise scale) I created using Lucidchart.