Delicious Egg Panini Sandwich
Posted on Mar 11, 2018
‘The other day I had an egg panini sandwich at a corner bakery (the place is actually called “Corner Bakery”).
The sandwich was so good, I just had to learn how to make it. Turns out it’s not hard at all and the results are delicious. Also, it turns out that eggs are super nutritious and high in satiety so you feel full longer. In other words, it’s great for helping you lose weight.
Check out other healthy foods for weight loss.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- avocado (you’ll only need a few tablespooon scoops per sandwich; you can also use guacamole)
- fire-roasted diced tomato (I just buy it prepared in a can to save time)
- chopped green onion (you’ll only need a handful per sandwich)
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese (I just buy it prepared in a ziplock bag)
- olive oil spray
- baby spinach
- Turn on panini grill
- Put bread slices in panini grill and grill closed for 1 minute. After one minute, lift the top of the panini grill and leave the bread on the bottom grill to remain warm.
- Spread butter on one side of each slide of bread
- Crack open two eggs into a large mug and whisk the eggs together with a fork or, if you have one, a hand held blender
- Put a pan on a stove and turn the heat on to low
- Spray pan with olive oil
- Put some baby spinach, tomatoes, and green onions into the pan
- Pour the eggs into the pan
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
- Using a wood spoon, mix the egg mix
- When the eggs are scrambled and almost cooked but still a bit wet, turn off heat and move pan off the stove
- Take the bread off the grill and on one side, put some guacamole on one side using a knife or put avocado slices
- Put the scrambled eggs on the guacamole / avocado
- Place the other bread slice to make a sandwich and enjoy 🙂