- Audio Technica ATR2100-USB
- Pop filter that goes over mic head
- Brand new DELL Inspiron 13 5000 series laptop
- Audacity Audio Editor
Note: I tried recording to an old 2013 Lenovo ThinkPad laptop and the sound was crappy.
- Open Audacity and use the following settings
- Mic: Audio Technical 2100
- Microphone Volumne: 80% or max, if you can
- Record your voice in Audacity using the mic
- There will be some hissing in the beginning and ending of the track. So, select a part of the hissing and hit Effects > Noise Reduction. Then, select the entire track, hit Effects > Repeat Noise Reduction.
- Select the entire track and, in the Effects menu, click Amplify
- Select the entire track and, in the Effects menu, click Truncate Silence
- Select the beginning and end of the track which is before and after the vocal section.
- Delete or remove sound from the beginning and ending of the track