Easiest Way to Make Good Steak
Posted on Jun 22, 2017
- Buy steak meat (ribeye, new york,etc) (e.g. from Costco)
- Measure the thickness of the meat, e.g. 1.25 inches thick
- Preheat an indoor grill to the max temperature. I have the Hamilton Beach 25361 Electric Indoor Searing Grill. Choose the “sear” setting which is the max temperature.
- Smear 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil on both sides of meat
- Put salt and pepper on both sides of meat (don’t be afraid to put more than you think – the thicker the meat, the more the salt and pepper)
- Insert a cooking temperature probe through the side of the steak until the tip is at the center of the thickest part of the meat. My probe has a silicone cord so it can withstand high temperatures.
- For a medium done steak, the internal temperature should be 135 degrees.
- When preheating is done (green light turns on), put the meat on the grill, close lid, and grill for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, turn over on grill.
- When the internal temperature reaches the desired temperature, e.g. 135 degree, the probe will beep. Turn off the grill, move the steak to a plate and let it rest for 2 minutes. During these 2 minutes, the internal temperature will rise a few degrees, which is expected, and the steak will be juicier.
- After 2 minutes, eat and enjoy